• Every Thursday from 9 a.m. — 3 p.m. at the Children’s Art Center community residents are invited to bring their own art supplies to enjoy painting together with oil, watercolor, pencils or other mediums.
• Calvert City Elementary School will meet at 4:00 p.m. for their monthly SBDM meeting.
• Jonathan Elementary School will meet at 3:30 p.m. for their monthly SBDM meeting.
• Sharpe Elementary School will meet at 3:30 p.m. for their monthly SBDM meeting.
• Marcella’s Kitchen is holding a fundraiser garage sale May 11, 12 & 13 from 7 a.m. — 3 p.m. at 898 Guy Mathis Drive, Benton.
• St. Matthew by the Lake, 3966 US Hwy. 641 N, Draffenville is hosting a Community Country Breakfast from 7 a.m. — 9 a.m. We will be serving biscuits and gravy, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, ham, pancakes, coffee, milk and orange juice. Adults $7.00/Children $3.50.
• The Marshall County Photography Club meets the third Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the Marshall County Library, Benton Branch. Due to Covid concerns, the library meeting rooms are sometimes unavailable. Anyone who has an interest in photography is invited to come to a meeting and join in the fun.
• The Benton City Council meeting will be held at 5 p.m. at City Hall, Benton.
• The Calvert City Planning Commission meeting is being held via Zoom and may be viewed on the Calvert City YouTube Channel.
• South Marshall Elementary School will meet at 3:30 p.m. for their monthly SBDM meeting.
• The Marshall County Sanitation Board will meet at 2:00 p.m. at the Marshall County Public Library in Benton, Room A on the second floor.
• The Marshall County Fiscal Court meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. in the Fiscal Courtroom of the Marshall County courthouse. This meeting is open to the public.
• Marshall County Library Board Meeting will be held at the library at 11:30 p.m.
• The Senior Citizens Bowling for Fun group meets at 1 p.m. every Tuesday at Corvette Lanes in Murray. The cost is $11 to bowl three games. If you have any questions you may call Nancy Rubin at (270) 474-8366.
• The Calvert City Airport Board is being held via Zoom and may be viewed on the Calvert City YouTube Channel.
• The Keha Hardin Homemakers meet every 3rd Wednesday of the month at 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Extension Office, 1933 Mayfield Hwy,, Benton. There are some months we enjoy an outing so please join us and call 270-210-6258 to confirm meeting location.
• Do you have questions about life, faith and Jesus? The Alpha Program will be offered Wednesdays beginning April 26 and run through July 5. Dinner served promptly at 6:00 p.m., then a video and discussion ending at 7:30 p.m. There is no cost to attend to sign up call Peggy at 270-252-4164.