• The Marshall County Republican Women will hold their meeting at 11:30 a.m. in the Republican Headquarters on the Benton Court Square. A light lunch will be served. Anyone interested is invited to attend.
• Plan to be Tobacco Free was developed by the Kentucky Cancer Program to assist thousands of Kentuckians who want to stop using tobacco. Attend this one-time educational session with a trained navigator who will provide you with a toolkit to help you create a plan to be tobacco free at 12:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. via Zoom. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Zoom link invitation and materials. For questions, please call (270) 442-1310.
• The North Marshall Water District meeting will be held at 9 a.m. at 96 Carroll Rd., Benton.
• Every Thursday from 9 a.m. — 3 p.m. at the Children’s Art Center community residents are invited to bring their own art supplies to enjoy painting together with oil, watercolor, pencils or other mediums.
• The Marshall County School Board will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the Central Office for their monthly meeting.
• Benton Elementary School will meet at 3:30 p.m. for their monthly SBDM meeting.
• North Marshall Middle School will meet at 3:30 p.m. for their monthly SBDM meeting.
• The Calvert City Knights of Columbus are hosting the annual Fish Fry on Friday nights during Lent. Call in orders are acceptable. Please come grab a bite and help us support the local charities of Marshall County. Time is 4 p.m. — 7 p.m. Price is $13 per person and includes your choice of either fish, shrimp, or chicken, baked potato or french fries, white beans, cole slaw, hot or mild hushpuppies and a drink.
• Light Up Your Life at the Homeplace 1850s Working Farm. Traditional beeswax candles were a staple on the 1850s farm. Come out and try your hand at dipping a candle and find out how many dips you need to make a candle you can take home and use at your own homeplace! From 1:00 — 3:00 p.m.
• A Jaunty Trek Through the Trees at the Homeplace 1850s Working Farm. Come get a sneak peek at something new on the farm! We’re developing a walking trail with plenty of information about the trees you’ll see in the woods all around the region. From 10 — 11:30 a.m.
• The Marshall County Photography Club meets the third Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the Marshall County Library, Benton Branch. Due to Covid concerns, the library meeting rooms are sometimes unavailable. Anyone who has an interest in photography is invited to come to a meeting and join in the fun.
• The Benton City Council meeting will be held at 5 p.m. at City Hall, Benton.
• The Calvert City Planning Commission meeting is being held via Zoom and may be viewed on the Calvert City YouTube Channel.
• South Marshall Elementary School will meet at 3:30 p.m. for their monthly SBDM meeting.
• The Marshall County Sanitation Board will meet at 2:00 p.m. at the Marshall County Public Library in Benton, Room A on the second floor.
• The Marshall County Fiscal Court meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. in the Fiscal Courtroom of the Marshall County courthouse. This meeting is open to the public.
• Marshall County Library Board Meeting will be held at the library at 11:30 p.m.
• The Senior Citizens Bowling for Fun group meets at 1 p.m. every Tuesday at Corvette Lanes in Murray. The cost is $11 to bowl three games. If you have any questions you may call Nancy Rubin at (270) 474-8366.
• The Calvert City Airport Board is being held via Zoom and may be viewed on the Calvert City YouTube Channel.