Calvert City reopened city parks June 11 with some specific guidelines for users. Park facilities were closed in late March in an effort to minimize crowds and slow the spread of COVID-19.
Calvert City’s Greenway Trail was not closed. The community was encouraged to remain active while staying healthy at home.
“We want people to start playing pickleball again and using our facilities safely. Limiting the number of people within the fences of our courts will help with social distancing,” Calvert City Mayor Lynn Jones said.
Below is a full list of open facilities:
• Restroom facilities: Remaining open and sanitized regularly.
• Calvert City Greenway Trail: Remaining open.
• Disc golf courses: Remaining open.
• Splash fountain: Limit to 10 people within fence. May use at your own risk.
• Basketball courts: No group play. Limit to 10 people within fence. May use at your own risk.
• Tennis/pickleball courts: Limit 10 people within fence. May use at your own risk.
• Playground facilities: Practice social distancing. May use at your own risk.
Routine maintenance will continue to be performed daily throughout the parks.
“I want to encourage citizens to use the facilities at their own risk. Participate within your comfort level for you and your family,” Jones said.
The city is asking park visitors to adhere to the following: Stay at home if you feel ill; come prepared by bringing hand sanitizer and a mask; continue to maintain social distancing; and respect others space.