Fire destroys vacationing family’s home
Oct 15, 2013 | 2821 views | 0 0 comments | 292 292 recommendations | email to a friend | print
—Katherine Doty/Tribune-Courier
While away on a fall break in Florida, Jennifer Williams’ house caught fire – damaging most of her family’s belongings. She volunteers with the South Marshall Fire Department, which has started planning a benefit dinner.
—Katherine Doty/Tribune-Courier While away on a fall break in Florida, Jennifer Williams’ house caught fire – damaging most of her family’s belongings. She volunteers with the South Marshall Fire Department, which has started planning a benefit dinner.
slideshow
Staff Report

editor@tribunecourier.com

Jennifer Williams was enjoying fall break in Florida last week with her three children, ages 9 through 15, when she received a call that her home on Walnut Street in Benton was on fire.

Before the family could make their way back to Benton, community members were already planning the collection of donations to assist the family with needs. Williams is a volunteer with the South Marshall Fire Department and many in the close-knit Marshall County firefighting community have stepped forward to have a benefit for the family.

A chili dinner and silent auction will be conducted at the Hardin Community Center on Nov. 2 from 4-8 p.m. to raise funds. Donations of clothing and personal items may also be made at the Hardin Fire Department.

The family is in need of misses clothing size 8 and 16, sizes 9 and 9.5 women’s shoes, size 12 boys clothes and size 7 men’s shoes. They are also in need of toiletry items and gift cards.

Benton Fire Chief Harry Green said the fire was reported shortly before 3 a.m. Friday morning and appears to have started in the front living room of the home, but at press time there was still no official cause of the blaze.
Weather
Click for Benton, Kentucky Forecast
Sponsored By:
Beaus Blog Logo
Read Beau's Daily Analysis