The fire appears to have started due to electrical problems according to Benton Fire Chief Harry Green. He said the fire started in the back of the house and spread quickly. Neighbors of the Shaw's reported their lights flickering at around the same time.
Tracy had just left for work when the fire started. Jeff was able to escape with a family dog, but could not get out with pet cats.
Green said the home is likely a total loss. The Shaw's are insured.
Traffic was blocked for about two hours this morning on Old Mayfield Highway as a result of the blaze.