Man accused of raping teen apprehended after 10 months on the run
May 01, 2012 | 2142 views | 0 0 comments | 15 15 recommendations | email to a friend | print
 Mussolini
Mussolini
slideshow
By Jody Norwood

Tribune-Courier News Editor

jnorwood@tribunecourier.com

BENTON - A Hardin man is awaiting transport back to Marshall County after allegedly raping a 14- year old female last year.

Colito Mussolini, 44, was apprehended in Tennessee following nearly a year on the run. According to Detective Sgt. Matt Hilbrecht, Mussolini was sought for questioning after a joint investigation by the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department and Department of Community Based Services. Hilbrecht said he began conducting interviews and collecting physical evidence in August.

Around the same time, Mussolini was allegedly involved in an attempted burglary in Graves County. The Graves County Sheriff’s Office and Kentucky State Police responded to the Sept. 26 call along State Route 381 and 97 in Sedalia.

“He was trying to break into a house in Graves county and he fled from law enforcement there,” Hilbrecht said. He ended up wrecking his vehicle and fleeing on foot.”

According to reports at the time, Mussolini’s children were placed in foster care at a residence near where the attempted burglary occurred.

Mussolini managed to evade authorities until last week when he was apprehended in Tennessee. Hilbrecht said he has been returned to Graves County, where he is waiting to be arraigned on charges of fleeing and evading and wanton endangerment.

A Marshall County court date for charges stemming from the alleged rape has not been set as of presstime.
Weather
Click for Benton, Kentucky Forecast
Sponsored By:
Beaus Blog Logo
Read Beau's Daily Analysis