Over the last few days many of us visited with family, stuffed ourselves with turkey and went on somewhat-insane shopping binges. Black Friday deals began at 10:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving day and some people didn’t stop shopping until late Friday afternoon. The internet lagged on Monday morning, thanks to everyone who got up hours earlier to snatch all the Cyber Monday deals. A new tradition was also underway this shopping season, the second annual Small Business Saturday this past weekend.
The city of Benton is urging residents to shop local throughout the season. Small businesses offer more unique and personal items. If you shop at a small business this holiday season, you’re not only putting presents under your tree but that business’s as well.
When looking for the perfect gift, consider shopping one of Benton’s local treasures.
• Puckett’s Jewelry: Watches, clocks, pearls and fashion pieces by names like Lorenzo and Pandora In store repair also offered.
• Antiques ETC: Tervis Tumblers, Raz, Swan Creek Candles, Vonny (featured on Rachel Ray, Today Show, Paula Deen), Stephen Joseph Kids gifts, Gourmet Popcorn & Dips, India Handicraft Pewter Serving pieces, hand crafted wreathes, UK Décor, scent tarts, RADA cutlery, picture frames, Christmas décor, furniture, and many more items.
• That Cute Little Shop in Benton: Ladies boutique clothing, shoes, jewelry, and handbags.
• Nelson’s Pharmacy: Handbags, jewelry and accessories.
• Polka Dots and Paislees: Offers custom embroidery, bags, children’s clothes, purses, home decor, flavored coffees and more.
• The Hodge Podge (N. Main St.): Glassware, collectible, arts and crafts, Clean Beans Soap (made in Kentucky), handmade jewelry and more.
• Sydney’s Gifts and Florist: Home decor, candles, gourmet food, Willowtree collectibles, Bearington Bears collectibles, and floral arrangements. Bridal and baby registry also available.
East 12th Street:
• Solomons Porch: Christian Book Store offering framed inspirational prints, musical ceramic churches and cherubs, garden stones, and solar crosses. Along with Bibles, study guides, music, videos, jewelry, church supplies, custom imprinted wedding and shower invitations, wedding and anniversary gifts.
• Hidden Treasures: Consignment shop offering name brand clothes as well as baby items, toys, shoes, home décor, and more.
• Kersey’s Gallery & Gifts: Custom frame shop, fine art gallery, also some very unique gift lines and a photography studio.
• La Belle Maison: Fiesta Dinnerware, Tervis Tumblers, Cinda B handbags, Eco Girl clothing, Mud Pie, pewter serving accessories, home décor, picture frames, SLAP watches, and more.
• Piece of Mind Quilting: Offers fabric, notions, embroidery and rug supplies, handmade gifts by local crafters. Classes and longarm quilting services are offered as well.
• Marshall County Co-op: Animal health, pet and equine supplies, and Purina feeds. Along with Carhartt, western handbags, accessories, and more.