There has been quite a dispute about who has the “best” burger in the county. Well, we’ve narrowed it down and now you pick the winner. Whether you care more about the portion size, the bun, spices and toppings or the side items to go along with it, it’s all covered here. Everyone has their favorite burger – find out which is yours.
(1) Hutchen’s BBQ isn’t just famous for their bbq. They also have a variety of burgers to chose from, the most popular one being the “Hutch burger.’ It is a half of ground beef, seasoned and topped with cheese, lettuce, onions, tomato, pickles and mayonnaise. A popular side item at the bbq joint are their pig tails, which are spiral-cut, deep fried potatoes.
(2) Parcell’s Deli and Bakery has much more than delicious treats and your average deli sandwich. They have a variety of crowd pleasing burgers and side dishes. The most popular burgers include their Mushroom & Swiss, the Steak burger and Jalapeno burger. Featured is the Steak burger which is topped with grilled mushrooms, onions, swiss cheese and A-1 sauce on a Kaiser Roll. After your burger, head to the bakery side and scoop up one, or a few of their many cupcakes. Favorites include wedding cake and red velvet.
(3) Calvert Drive In sells more than just tickets to the show and popcorn. In fact, many people visit the drive in just to get their burgers to go. The county-famous burger consists of King Brother’s ground beef, pepper and other spices, topped with cheese, mustard, pickles and onions. Their pizzas are also becoming a popular item on the menu for drive in food junkies. They offer a variety and have different speciality pizzas such as, Goat Cheese Tomato & Basil and the “Showburger.”
(4) Belew’s Dairy Bar is home to the thinnest burger in the county. Many people anxiously await the spring just to bite into a Belew’s buger and enjoy a refreshing milkshake. The cheeseburgers are topped with lettuce, pickles and mustard. Popular side items include their onion rings, peanut butter milkshakes, or the new coffee flavored milkshake.
(5) The Benton Drive-In’s most famous burger is the Jojo burger, named after the two Joe’s that started the business. This is a double cheeseburger with lettuce, onions, pickles and mayonnaise. The most popular side item is the Texas Toothpicks, which are breaded onions and jalapenos. Aside from the burgers, another popular item on the menu is the Fancy-dog, which is a corn dog made with the Drive In’s homemade batter.
Listed in no specific order